Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Poetry Friday: The Glass Universe
Confession: I worked on four or five poems last night, attempting to wrestle one of them ... I found a haiku hiding in her prose.
- Florine Stettheimerâ€™s quiet revolution at the AGO
Florine Stettheimer, Beauty Contest: To the Memory of P.T. Barnum ... Florine Stettheimer: Painting Poetry opened here earlier this fall, after a run there that mostly elicited effusive praise. Roberta Smith, in the New York Times, called her paintings ...
- Washington and Lincoln were great presidents. But only one was a great poet.
Poetry professor John Lundberg is not impressed ... 4 that George Washington ever had â€” and how it led to a new nation Poland once sent the U.S. a birthday card. With 5 million signatures.
- The black novelist history forgot
Read more: How crucial are historically black colleges? Just look at whoâ€™s graduated from them Who needs ambassadors when we have poets? By Lawrence P. Jackson Norton. 579 pp. $35
- â€˜I write poems when poems comeâ€™
You have poems you wrote about this and that, so the only way to structure it is to put all those in different sections. In that sense, itâ€™s very much a first book. Well, I do both actually. I would say I do probably 70% free verse and maybe 30% form.
- Dipika & Shoaib To Get Married This February; Travel To Their Wedding Destination In DDLJ Style!
Wedding Preparations Are On Full-swing The wedding preparations ... par tere bina chalti bhi nahin!! So here's a poem from #DiariesofDipika #Shoaika #dodilmilrahehain #CoupleGoals #Happyroseday #valentinesweek." Sharing a picture from their Nach Baliye ...
- 17 quotes, poems, sayings and messages to mark Nirvana Day
Here are some quotes, messages, sayings and poems to share this Nirvana Day ... He who subdues himself shall be free; he shall cease to be a slave of passions. The righteous man casts off evil, and by rooting out lust, bitterness, and illusion do we ...
- Guest author: Marcia Meara â€“ Attitude really IS everything!
The little poem above is one I wrote three years ago ... who lives on top of the mountain with his Irish wolfhound as his sole companion. As their tentative friendship grows, Sarah learns the truth about the heartbreaking secret causing Mac to hide ...
- The Love Poems of John Donne, By John Donne, Read by Richard Burton by HarperAudio
Read by Richard Burton in a manner that truly does justice to the virtuosity to the love poems of Englandâ€™s most outstanding Metaphysical poet, bending both meaning and sound to the service of the Metaphysical conceit. Donne's poetry embraces a wide ...
- Writing poetry in the age of Twitter and Facebook: 'there are no answers, only questions'
I'm making poetry out of that.' Makris takes images from web pages ... What's the relationship between our online persona and our physical persona? What happens when you write anonymously? So I guess in some sense it's an exploration of all that.'
- Giants aren't running from high expectations -- and that's a good thing | Politi
Here is a question you don't get often before two-a-days: "Which Kipling poem did you read to the players?" McAdoo confided that, when he gathered the younger Giants together, he read the famous motivational poem "If" -- which, in case English 101 is well ...
- Roy musician captures sounds of beloved western performers
Arnold is one of six artists featured in three free performances as part of Cowboy Poetry Week in Weber County libraries: â€¢ Arnold will sing at 6:30 p.m. Monday, April 17, in the activity center at the Southwest branch of the library, 2039 W. 4000 South ...
- Oak Cliff Film Festival Review: Jodorowsky Is Back With ENDLESS POETRY
In Endless Poetry, Alejandro (Jeremias Herskovits) escapes the rigid confines of his home life and searches for his personal and artistic identity amidst a colorful cast of characters. One day while working at his father's store, Alejandro identifies and ...
- 'Talented' and 'erudite' poet to launch first collection in Dursley
A DURSLEY poet will launch his first collection in the town on Saturday.
- Between Patriotism, Partition and Pakistan, hereâ€™s how Faiz Ahmed Faiz became a poet
The All India Radio, founded in 1930, was also becoming a medium to disseminate and share music and poetry among large audiences. Faiz must have felt inspired to compose more and more. In spite of the largely conventional image that Urdu poetry had at that ...