Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Birthday Poems - Poems For Birthday - 'It Is Still Nothing Else Matter'
Whenever life gets hard and the road gets rough, No matter how much we fight, or don't get to spend together enough time. No matter what the case is I know that you'll always be there. obstacle or provocation. Your love for me stays with dedication.
- President Trump Is Paying the Price of a Policy Badly Executed
The poem "If" counsels aiming for truth even when it's "twisted ... Americans are polarized. Europeans are nervous. Our friends in the Middle East are troubled. Iraqui Gen. Talib al Kenani, who directs the American-trained counterterrorist forces leading ...
- Romance, horror novels see highest demand at Book Fair
In Diwan publishing house partition, colloquial poetry saw a high turnout of buyers, especially "Lamma Konna" and "Matloub Habib" collections by poet Mohamed Ibrahim. Buyers continued to ask for the novel "Sawfa Ahky Anka", written a year ago by Ahmed Mehanna.
- Pakistan-born author Tarek Fatah targeted at Delhi Urdu festival
Pakistan-born writer Tarek Fatah, now a Canadian citizen, on Monday said he was heckled and attacked by a mob at an Urdu poetry festival in the heart of the capital. Fatah, 67, said even the police sided with the crowd of some 100 frenzied mainly young ...
- A Horror Movie Review by Jonathan Lewis: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971).
But what it also has â€“ what gives the film a little something extra â€“ is a Gothic atmosphere that owes as much to Roger Cormanâ€™s cinematic adaptations of Edgar Allan Poe stories and poems as to the emerging Italian proto-slasher genre of which it is ...
- Raped and murdered teen: Accused's secret lair uncovered
The teen was in Grade 8 at Ocean View High School. Before her death, she had had a nightmare of being gang-raped and killed, and wrote several poems and letters about it. The suspect is back in court on Wednesday.
- Funny Poetry
- Where poetry is an audio-visual experience
Poetry installation, an innovative way of creative expression which is being explored by Kochi-based writer-filmmaker Vinod Krishna, is going places. The latest edition of the event, featuring audio-visual expressions of four poems, is on at Vyloppilly ...
- Nametso Phonchiâ€™s Poetry is So Good It Makes Me Ache for a Place Iâ€™ve Never Seen #LiterallyWhatsHot
This poem was a liberation of sorts, a gateway into my soul. Nametso Phonchi says she is mostly inspired from day to day experiences such as conversations with friends or a loved one. Other peopleâ€™s experiences are also bricks for her stories.
- Meet Fanta: This Senegal teen wants to become a nurse
I love studying. My favourite subjects are history ... Fanta and her parents participated in the Tostan Community Empowerment Program where they engaged in theater, dance, poetry, and song to delve into important topics related to their future.
- KABAFEST 2017â€¦ Taking Book Festival train to Kaduna
â€œThey will take part in the poetry declamation contest for secondary schools. Students attending tertiary institutions in Kaduna State, who register before July 5, can attend for free. They can also apply online for a N10,000 book grant. For the duration ...
- Chinese Landscapes at the Met: If Those Mountains Could Talk
Tangâ€™s landscape, gnarly, dark and Gothic, catches the coupletâ€™s depressive tread ... like recently heard news. No more poetry, or, not much. Here the image of nature is a political tool: a survey map, a surveillance device, a deed of ownership.
- Syed Shamsul Haqâ€™s first death anniversary on Tuesday
BSA will organize the programme ahead of wordsmith Syed Shamsul Haq's first death anniversary on September 27 ... Nasiruddin Gold Medal, National Poetry Award. He died on September 27 in 2016 suffering from lung cancer at the age of 80 in Dhaka.
- Hirulkarâ€™s anthology of poems â€˜Whirlwindâ€™ released
Summary: Nagpur: An anthology of poems 'Whirlwind' penned by LB Hirulkar, was released at a programme held at Shivaji Science College on Monday. Speaking about the crux of the anthology, Hirulkar said, "A poet always observes the world through a different ...
- Riane Konc (@theillustrious) Is Going Viral on Twitter
... and funny Twitter is very weird and funny, and it makes me extremely happy that â€” for example â€” thousands of people on Twitter just decided that they were going to riff on a William Carlos Williams poem for several weeks. I am a pretty ...