Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- DC Theater Friday: â€˜Three Sistersâ€™ 2.0, plus a â€˜Nasty Womenâ€™ rep
[Celia Wren reviews Forum Theatreâ€™s â€œNasty Womenâ€ rep] â€œIntelligence ... performances and the serviceable stage pictures never allow the potential poetry to achieve liftoff.â€ (Celia Wren) Through April 9 at the Anacostia Playhouse, 2020 ...
- This Enters Through the Brainâ€™s Back Door To Make You More Creative
Itâ€™s why for every morning for the last five years weâ€™ve spent a few minutes on the phone with a dear friend, while he reads us a poem or we read him one, since he first told us that of his unique, simple practice. It starts our brains off with a way ...
- An Open Call for Muslim Writers, Black History Month, and More
Edwidge Danticat considers the solace and political power of poetry. (New Yorker) To honor both the start of Black History Month and Langston Hughesâ€™s birthday, Signature takes a closer look at his poem about police brutality â€œWho But the Lord.â€
- Voices of Bettering American Poetry Volume 2 â€” torrin a. greathouse
Do you feel that your writing is assumed to be autobiographical? How do you feel about this assumption? Does memoir play a role in your poetry? I think, maybe more so than some other poets, this is a fair assumption about my work. I have rarely been able ...
- This Mooresville teen is a poetry-loving, home-schooled, butter business owner
With feedback from her family members, she then went a step further and tried ... Using her free time to read poetry, walk the dog and work out in local gyms, Kirchner said the nut butter business is an integral part of her daily life.
- Book Review-One Robe, One Bowl The Zen Poetry of Ryokan Translated and Introduced By John Stevens
One Robe, One Bowl The Zen Poetry of Ryokan is an eighty-five page book that is the perfect size to put into a backpack or small bag and take to the beach, woods, park or other quite area. 100 Chinese poems and 103 Japanese poems are included in the book.
- Writing Poetry | Teaching Ideas
engaging ways of working 1 Building a Poetry Spine â€“ key stage 1 The poems and rhymes that we share with children should be varied and powerful. Of course, the occasional joke poem is part
- Freedom, poetry, rebellion and music ... when we lived our bravest moments
Poetry, for me, was hope. It was azaadi from the tired cliches ... The long war in Vietnam had ended. Free Bangladesh was born by the will of its young writers and poets. And India showed it would not cower before the Emergency, come what may.
- Child-led programs to be held in the Fells
All programs remain child-led, although there will be options for the older age groups to engage in environmental science, or reading the work of New England nature writers, engaging in field sketching, poetry writing, photography, and more â€“ all ...
- BLOG: Nobleford students bare souls in raw poetry slam
The poems shared stories of depression, bullying, body image, expectations, teenage friendships and views of the world. They were sad, funny, entertaining, sometimes vulgar, but most of all â€” honest. The students bared their souls in front of the ...
- Gobbled Up by the Christian Machine
After hearing Eugene Petersonâ€™s retraction about same-sex marriage upon receiving hard and heavy pushback from the Christian publishing industry, I wanted to say this while it was fresh: The Christian machine is alive and well and has tried to gobble ...
- Robert Christgau on Love Songs from (and to) the Arab World
this suite of settings for love poems by the late Palestinian poet Darwish is eminently worth reviewing. Playing it only when I felt the need for something quiet that would still qualify as work, I've never failed to find its placidity intelligent and ...
- Assdeep in Wonder â€“ a book of poetry â€“ tops Audreys Edmonton Bestseller list this week
Here is the list of the top 10 fiction and non-fiction titles sold in Edmonton for the week ended March 26, 2017, compiled on March 28, 2017, by Audreys Books and provided by the Book Publishers Association of Alberta.
- FBIâ€™s poem advises parents about techy toys
The state branch even put its warnings in poetry: â€œPersonalization is key ... And it can send that info to back to the company, leaving you in the dark.â€ Given those reasons, how should parents keep children safe this holiday season?
- The city hardest hit by Mexicoâ€™s earthquake is a sexually liberated matriarchy
At these events, the women dance and recite erotic poetry; the men drink. As the city begins to rebuild, it might be worth recalling the words of Mexican writer Andres Henestrosa. "Juchitecas have no inhibition, there is nothing they canâ€™t say nor ...