Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Celebrate World Poetry Day with these essays on poetry across cultures
in recognition of the way in which poetry â€œreaffirms our common humanity by revealing to us that individuals, everywhere in the world, share the same questions and feelings.â€ To celebrate, here are three free essays published by our researchers over ...
- Nursing Mom Is Sick Of Judgmental Bullies, So She Fights Back With Hysterical Breastfeeding Post
One woman, Whitney, had to feed her son in the middle of a grocery store, and afterwards she decided to write a funny poem about it on Facebook. Read what she had to write and see the photo she shared below!
- Radical education, poetry and tech: It's TEDxGreenville
The annual TEDxGreenville conference returns to the Peace Centerâ€™s Gunter Theatre today (Friday) with a daylong lineup that includes a poet, a tech innovator, a geneticist, a photographer and a self-described radical educator. Tech innovator Jim Sevier ...
- Think poetry's pretentious? America's new poet laureate just might change your mind
The nationâ€™s newest poet laureate was named this week, and itâ€™s a young writer with... Jun 16, 2017 â€” The nationâ€™s newest poet laureate was named this week, and itâ€™s a young writer with connections to the North Country. Tracy K. Smith is a 45 ...
- Watch: Kobe Bryant Performs Steve Urkel Slam Poetry
Dressed in the stereotypical garb of slam poets, a black turtle neck, a stubble-faced Bryant emotionally and confidently performed a poem about the internal struggle of Family Matters nerdy character "Steve Urkel" and his suave alter-ego "Stefan Urquelle."
- Taylor Swift got real honest about her feelings through poetry in her "Reputation" magazines
She is undoubtedly an amazing songwriter, but this might be the first time weâ€™ve been able to see her poetry up close ... HelloGiggles welcomes reader contributions and publishes them daily. And now, we are growing beyond just the website to include ...
- Guerilla Haiku project comes to Burlington City on Saturday
Guerilla Haiku uses haiku poetry as a tool (that is ... 432 High St., where she will meet at 11 a.m. with teens and adults, including City Council members and police officers, who form her Haiku Scavenging Team. After an instructional meeting, the team ...
- Anastacia-ReneÃ© Is Doing Something Almost No Writers Do: Publishing Three Books in One Year
This use of pun as prophesy and escape hatch points to a sad irony in poetry: You might be able to escape the fixed meaning of a word, but you can't escape fate. And though she's dropping three books in one year, she says she's nowhere near done ...
- Laura Tempest Zakroff on Art, Movement, and Magick
In my early teens ... visual arts, poems and stories â€“ all of these arts make manifest the invisible, reveal the hidden parts of our worlds. I know you have a book coming out soon on Sigil Witchery. What do you love the most about sigils?
- BeyoncÃ© Released Even MORE Pregnancy Photos & We're Obsessed!
Just look at how divine her and Blue Ivy look: The photos were accompanied by a poem by Warsan Shire titled "I Have Three Hearts," reading, "Mother is a cocoon where cells spark, limbs form. Mother swells and stretches to protect her child, mother has one ...
- When My Friend Died, She Gave Me a Gift, That Changed My Life
Our friend wanted to hear us talk â€“ with each other and with her. She wanted to remain part of a group and a community. Poetry read by her bedside moved our friend, when her limbs had gone into paralysis. Her mind and heart, not to speak of her steely ...
- The length of life and power in Ifowodoâ€™s A Good Mourning
Through the poem, Ifowodo, a vocal activist in that dark military era, reenacts that controversial, epochal political period, the significance of which has largely escaped the current political players, who are the beneficiaries of that grim contest.
- Mother and Child
Pay attention, itâ€™s hard to admit: I offered my body to it. â€œMother and Childâ€ appeared in â€œMorning Prayer,â€ Sheep Meadow Press (2005). Eve Grubin teaches at NYU London and is the poet in residence at the London School of Jewish Studies.
- Read Across America: Lois Thome makes kids poetry come alive
Read Across America: Lois Thome makes kids poetry come alive Lois Thome's parents inspired her love of reading. Thome, a WINK News anchor in Fort Myers, will join volunteers across Southwest Florida in celebrating National Reading Day by reading to kids at ...
- Sad, Sad Room (A Dark Poem) - Poem by Practicing Poetess
That something tragic happened here. Sad, sad room, imbued with death, Sad, sad room, where he took his last breath. His body's gone; the room is clean No other guest has this room seen. The walls his essence do retain, And for this room, that is the bane.