Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- I Shall Miss You - Poem by Dev Anand
You go away now for five days. Then again for four months. I am already missing you my love. How shll i ever fathom and comprehend that pure love can be so strong. Come, soon, back. There is a lover waiting for you.
- Youth today see no future in poetry, says poet Dipti Khushwah
Author and poet Dipti Khushwah feels that the youth today is less inclined towards literature . Khushwah who was presented the Sant Namdev award by the Maharashtra State Hindi Sahitya Akademi for her Hindi poetry book 'Aashain Hai Aayudh' recently, says ...
- Is your poetry really, really bad? Good. O, Miami wants you
O, Miami â€” one of South Floridaâ€™s favorite annual literary festivals â€” doesnâ€™t officially start until April 1, but you need a head start if you want to be part of it. Events run throughout April â€” National Poetry Month, of course â€” and O, Miami ...
- Vibrant Verse: British Poetry as Occupied Territory
â€œYes,â€ said Mrs Caypor, with a strange gesture, â€œyou can write poetry. I wonder why.â€ And to Ashendenâ€™s surprise she went on, in her guttural English, to recite the next two lines of the poem he had quoted. (â€œThe Traitor,â€ 1928) And poetry matter
- Spread the Word: Open Books, a poetry emporium
Helping people discover poetry, he says, is almost like providing a free education. If he gets the sense that a customer is open to his help, heâ€™ll start to gauge their taste. Heâ€™ll ask if they are more inclined to read a shorter or longer piece ...
- A Canadian Poet Laureate Is Accused of Ripping Off Tupac and Maya Angelou
But as the Guardian story notes, he also seems to have used language from less venerated sources, like a poem called â€œFunnyâ€¦ But Not,â€ posted to the website AllPoetry.com by a self-described aspiring writer who looks like a teenager at most in ...
- Malapropâ€™s to feature Great Smokies Writing Program faculty
For more information about UNC Ashevilleâ€™s Great Smokies Writing Program, which offers workshops for writers of all levels in poetry, prose, creative nonfiction and marketing of oneâ€™s works, visit unca.edu/gswp. Mountain Xpress posts selected news and ...
- Phillauri Movie Review: Slow & Steady May Not Always Win The Race!
Phillauri introduces us to a typical Punjabi wedding household. So, you have a daadi who doesn ... Phillauri is a techincally rich, vibrant film and has some beautiful dialogues and poems that works its charm. Anvita Dutt pens an engrossing story of ...
- The rise of award-winning poets, the decline of signature poems
While Dove and Trethewey are among our most decorated poets, they are hardly alone. More African American poets have earned National Book Awards for poetry and the Pulitzer Prizes for Poetry in the last 17 years than in the entire history of those awards.
- PB Poetry Festival Launches 'Looking Glass' Poetry Contest
Susan R. Williamson, Director of the Palm Beach Poetry Festival, has announced the 2018 Ekphrastic Poetry Contest, inspired by the LOOKING GLASS exhibition which is on display through February 24 at the Cornell Museum at Old School Square in Delray Beach.
- The Drunken Odyssey presents odes to humping at Erotic Poetry Night V: Smut, Actually
Although Super Bowl Sunday is often marked by flowery descriptions of balls and the people who handle them, local literary podcast The Drunken Odyssey is taking the opportunity to forgo any subtlety in this night of erotic poetry and prose. Local writers ...
- US teen suspended after reciting suicide poem at school
Ms Gipson wrote the poem, entitled 'Welcome to Lebanon High School', in response ... "Welcome to Lebanon High School, where death threats are passed out like candy. Welcome to Lebanon High School, where you're just one of 2000 faces.
- Catullus' Bedspread: The Life of Rome's Most Erotic Poet by Daisy Dunn, book review: Tainted love in ancient Rome - The Independent
The IndependentCatullus' Bedspread: The Life of Rome's Most Erotic Poet by Daisy Dunn, book review: Tainted love in ancient RomeThe IndependentCatullus is the most approachable of Roman poets and the most human. His lyrics teem like the streets of a red-light district with heartbroken lovers, drunken youths, old men pining for women a fraction of their age, money grabbing brothel keepers ...
- Remembering Mirza Ghalib, the greatest and the most quoted Urdu poet ever
Everybody has heard his name at least once in their lifetime. Whether you are in love or a poetry enthusiast, Ghalib's Urdu poetry works for most of us. From couplets to ghazals, Ghalib changed the course of poetry. His works consisted of events that he ...
- Racer Mama A Strong Finisher In Mother's Day Poetry Contest
All week we're showcasing the winners of our Mother's Day Poetry Contest. Our judge, Susan Porterfield ... this poem seems to be tickled by what some might call her liberation. Sheâ€™s a free soul, weâ€™re told, with a â€œwho cares grin.â€